- TechRadar Rates Pathways Among the Best ...
- Pathways Returns!
- Bully Awards Submissions Open!
- Change.vc Survey Results Are In - A Hard Look at Venture Capital Today
- Taking Stock: in Stockholm
- Spotlight on Michel Tombroff / His Pathway to Exit
- Meet us at Mobile World!
- Happy Holidays!
- Capturing the Spirit of White Bull - Impressions from Dan Taylor
- MEET OUR 2015 BULLY AWARD WINNERS!
Munich Makes its Mark!
The European Commission Researchers may have gotten it right when they recently called Munich the "Best Tech Hub in Europe!" ... At least that's how it looked from where we were standing at TechChampions 2014 - Munich!
There was no shortage of talent in a packed room at Wayra headquarters. Over 150 were there - from Entrepreneurs, to Investors, to some of Munich's top supporters of Tech Innovation.
Markus C. Mueller - Blackberry's SVP Regional Managing Director Europe, and former CEO of Ubitexx (White Bull winner 2010) kicked things off with his tale of success ... with some wise advice to startups in the room.
Special thanks to our sponsors Elance-oDesk, and Cartagena Capital, who announced the 9 presenting firms:
· Solar Tower Technologies / solartowertechnologies.com
· Testbirds / testbirds.de
· Uniscon / uniscon.de
· Little Postman / littlepostman.com
· Ysura / ysura.com
· Regiondo / regiondo.de
· Trustyou / trustyou.com
· YOODOC / yoodoc.com
· Plixos / plixos.com
Our panel on the Innovation scene in Munich and beyond featured Earlybird, Cartagena, Acton Capital, Target Partners, and Active Venture Partners. We talked about the recent survey placing Munich in the #1 spot for Tech. ... The question of the night: Are ecosystems important, and do VCs care? The answer: Yes, they do care ... but who should be responsible for creating them?
An intense few hours, and a great night was had by all. We left with renewed enthusiasm for the Entrepreneurial scene in Munich. See you next year!